Item:Mirror of Glamering
Mirror of Glamering copies the appearance of a piece of armor, docent, goggles, helmet, weapon, or shield, creating a cosmetic version of that item. Introduced in Update 23, Mirror of Glamering is available from the DDO Store for 245 TP, and also as a rare reward in Daily Dice.
Double-click the mirror to start a barter interface. Drag an item to the ingredient list. Select the appropriate recipe. Click Create Cosmetic.
Equip the cosmetic items in your cosmetic inventory slots to change your appearance. Cosmetic appearance can be toggled on and off.
- The Mirror of Glamering is consumed when used.
- The original item you were copying remains intact.
- The new cosmetic item is Bound to Account and does not have a minimum level restriction.
- Racial restrictions of the original item apply also for its cosmetic copy. This includes cosmetic copies of iconic starter gear, which will remain restricted to the same iconic type.
- Items created by Mirror of Glamering can't be used in the Stone of Change.
- Mirror cannot be used with temporary in-quest items.
- Items with temporary damage cannot be copied. Repair the item first. Testing on permanently damaged items needed.
Since Update 24, weapons can be glamered.
- The Mirror of Glamering makes a copy of the base look of a weapon and retains the weapon's particle effects (such as flaming).
- The weapon cosmetic is only displayed on your character when you are wielding a weapon with the same combat style. The current combat styles are one-handed, two-handed, quarterstaff, great axe, crossbow, repeating crossbow, bow, rune arm, orb, and shield-only.
- Handwraps are not able to be made into cosmetics.
- Thrown weapons can now be Glamered, however, once the thrown item leaves your hand it reverts to the visual of your equipped weapon.
- A Glamered Weapon Aura can be used to create a cosmetic effect, such as flaming, on a weapon.
- Acquired From: Daily Dice, DDO Store
- Minimum Level: None
- Effect: Insert an item to make a cosmetic version of it. This consumes the mirror.
- Value: 000001000010
- Weight: 0.01 lbs
- Tips: Some deprecated armor types are still available from the chain reward list of older adventure packs.
Cosmetic from named items
|Body Slot||Head Slot|
|Dart||Throwing dagger||Throwing axe||Throwing hammer||Shuriken|
|Falchion||Great axe||Great club||Maul||Great sword||Quarterstaff|
|Dagger||Light mace||Sickle||Club||Heavy mace||Morningstar||Handaxe||Kukri||Light hammer||Light pick|
|Short sword||Battle axe||Heavy pick||Long sword||Rapier||Scimitar||War hammer||Bastard sword||Dwarven war axe||Khopeshes|
|Heavy crossbow||Light crossbow||Great crossbow||Repeating heavy crossbow||Repeating light crossbow||Short bow||Long bow|