|Check out the new Discord server for all DDO players! Follow to the chat!|
For generations, the Heytons protected the village from Sahuagin attacks. But now it looks like the Sahuagin have finally won, for all the Heytons are dead...or so it seems.
|Takes place in:||Heyton Family Crypt|
|Bestowed by:||Kaja Bauerdatter|
|NPC contact:||Kaja Bauerdatter|
|Quest acquired in:||Korthos Village|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Kaja Bauerdatter asked you to investigate odd wailing sounds coming from the Heyton Family Crypt. This crypt is in the cemetery on the west side of Korthos village.
- Investigate the crypt.
- Destroy all the Devourer Altars (3 total).
- Search for three crests, and return them to the wall slots next to the magical shield.
- Destroy the final altar in the antechamber.
- (Optional) Prevent Horace Heyton's remains from being desecrated by undeath. (20% of Base XP)
- (Optional) Prevent Kragwulf Heyton's remains from being desecrated by undeath. (20% of Base XP)
- (Optional) Prevent Bjorn Heyton's remains from being desecrated by undeath. (20% of Base XP)
- (Optional) Prevent Kyleanne Heyton d'Cannith's remains from being desecrated by undeath. (30% of Base XP)
What to Expect
- Trap (fixed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Acid trap near the chest. 2 boxes to disable same trap (one on either side of the chest); only need to disable 1.
Tips and Misc
- This adventure is easier than most of this level.
- This quest is a rework of the Quest for the Ancient Daggers quest from the original harbor area.
- As of Update 11, the quest has received a complete revamp, with the instance being redesigned and retextured. Unlike the previous versions of the quest, which mainly had you fighting spiders as well as undead and Sahuagin Adepts, you will be opposing the cultists of the Devourer for the first time as they attempt to turn the bodies of the Heyton family into an undead army against Korthos.
- Remember to use blunt weapons for skeletons and slashing weapons for zombies. Low quality Slashing/Bludgeoning weapons are provided for you in two chests before the first and second altars.
- To complete the optional quests, kill the Sahuagin Necromancers or destroy the altars quickly to prevent the Heytons from being turned into undead. In the case of the final altar, you may be better off destroying it than trying to fight the necromancer on the other side.
- The lever at the end of the passage behind the trapped chest is used to open up the wall connecting it to the rest of the crypt.
- Destroying the altars counts towards the kills bonus, not the breakables bonus.
- The altars detect as evil, meaning that any abilities that do extra damage to evil creatures (such as a holy weapon or the paladin's Smite Evil ability) will allow you to destroy them more quickly.
- Background note: at least one of the Heytons is cited in Treasure of Crystal Cove/Treasure Map quests.
- Discreet bonus: ~5 or less monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 17 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 21 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 26 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 15 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 20 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Notes: U11 update of this quest caused a couple bonus XP issues:
- Ransack is no longer possible.
- In order to get conquest you will have to fail at least one of the Optionals, to get an extra kill, which overall is a loss of XP.
- Chests: 4
- 1 at the southeast intersection
- 1 at the northeast intersection
- 1 trapped after the northwest intersection
- 1 at the end
- NPC rewards: Choice of necklace
- Amulet of Inner Focus - Necklace: ,
- Amulet of the Brute - Necklace: , ,
- Altar of the Devourer, motionless and harmless: you can only miss it on natural 1
- Bjorn Heyton - Skeleton, appears in the third altar room if you're too slow to kill the Necromancer or destroy the altar.
- Devourer Acolytes
- Devourer Disciples
- Devourer Minions
- Horace Heyton - Zombie, appears in the first altar room if you're too slow to kill the Necromancer or destroy the altar.
- Kragwulf Heyton - Skeleton, appears in the second altar room if you're too slow to kill the Necromancer or destroy the altar.
- Kyleanne Heyton d'Cannith - Zombie, appears in the antechamber if you're too slow to kill the Necromancer or destroy the altar.
- Sahuagin Necromancers