Flesh Maker's Laboratory
|Requires access to : Necropolis Part 4|
Mentau has operated this laboratory for years, making an army of flesh golems prepared to serve the Black Abbot's needs.
|Flesh Maker's Laboratory|
|Epic XP:||See Flesh Maker's Laboratory (epic)|
|Takes place in:||Flesh Maker's Laboratory|
|Bestowed by:||Lowan Nilmani|
|NPC contact:||Lowan Nilmani|
|Quest acquired in:||The Necropolis|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
Lowan Nilmani has received word that one of the Black Abbot's key allies is prepared to turn against him. Mentau operates a laboratory in the North West corner of the Orchard of the Macabre. In this laboratory, the former artificer has been constructing an army of flesh golems to serve the lich's evil intentions. Sensing Mentau's impending betrayal, the Abbot turned the air elemental powering the laboratory against its operator. Lowan wants you to find the laboratory, sneak in, and do whatever is necessary to get Mentau to join your forces.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- (Secret Passage) Gain entrance to the Garbage Pits
- (Garbage Pits) Sneak into the treatment room
- (Treatment Room) Access the Chopping Room
- (Chopping Room) Locate the Assembly Area
- (Assembly Area) Locate the Room of Life
- (Assembly Area) Defeat the Flash Maker's Apprentices
- (Conduit Passages) Open the Lightning Machine
- (Lightning Machine) Capture the Air Elementals
- (Lightning Chamber) Defeat Chained Lightning
- (Optional) (Warehouse) Destroy the Abbot's flesh golem army: (50% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- Overlapping floors
- Points of no return
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Requires extra player(s)/hireling(s) (mandatory: 5 runes have to be used almost simultaneously)
- Acid/Poison spray; no box, but easy to time
- Two sets of blade traps; 3 boxes for the traps. There's also a lever above that will turn them off briefly, and they can be timed.
- Lightning trap in the Warehouse; four boxes, one on each corner pillar.
Tips and Misc
- A fairly straight-forward quest, although you have to drop down into the bowels of the laboratory a couple of times to proceed.
- The gate to the Assembly Area can be picked (its DC is quite high) so you can avoid fighting your way to the key if you have someone who can pick the lock in your party.
- The five runes to summon the air elemental boss must all be unlit within a very short amount of time (~20 seconds). The air eles in the room respawn, so it can be useful to have somebody get all their aggro and stand in a corner (to avoid being thrown off the ledge) while the rest do the runes. It's easily possible for one person to do 2-3 runes; more than that can be difficult, however.
- Once Chained Lightning is destroyed, return to Mentau, who will open the trap door in the control room; at the bottom will be a large central pillar with a rune, and four corner pillars. Disable the traps on the corner pillars, hit the rune, and destroy several waves of flesh golems! The Magical Portal beyond the chest will bring you outside.
- Trivia: Mentau the Flesh Maker is a reference to the mint Mentos, and its slogan - "Mentos... the Freshmaker"
- Aggression bonus: 82 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 107 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 132 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Trap bonus not possible
- Chests: Total 2
- 1 at Lightning Chamber (drops sigil pieces)
- 1 at Warehouse (drops shield pieces)
- Collectables: 7
- Fungus Patch at the base of the ladder leading up from the Garbage Pits
- Two Fungus Patches in the water by the Acid & Poison spray
- Alchemy Table & Adventurer's Pack near the Iron Key
- Two Alchemy Tables in the Control Room
- NPC rewards: Random item
Named Chest Drop
- Belt of Thoughtful Rememberance - Belt: Constitution +5, Concentration +13, , (End Chest)
- Carved Bone Shield - +5 Heavy steel shield: , , (End Chest) [ML12]
- Docent of Corpsecraft - +5 Docent: Devotion +60, Nullification +60, (End Chest) [ML12]
- Gloves of Gnoll Hide - Gloves: Disable Device +13, Open Lock +13, , (End Chest)
- Ring of Unknown Origins - Ring: Proof Against Disease +6, Proof Against Poison +6, Intelligence +5, Charisma +5, (End Chest) [ML13]
- Runed Ogre Femur - +5 Club 1.50[1d8]: Anti-Magic Runes, (End Chest) [ML:12]
- Ancient Air Elementals
- Carcass Eaters
- Cultist Sentries
- Masterwork Flesh Golems
- Unholy Friars
- Warrior Cultists