Siberys Dragonshards (of varying types) can be used to swap feats with Fred the mindflayer in House Jorasco. To do this, higher level characters require higher quality shards (see chart below). Siberys Dragonshards and fragments are also used in some Cannith Crafting recipes.
Higher quality Siberys Dragonshards can be created by combining lower quality ones, starting with yellow Siberys Dragonshard Fragments (if necessary) and working up as high as required. 100 Shard Fragments combine to create 1 Imperfect Shard, and from there it requires 10 lesser quality shards to combine to create 1 of the next higher quality (see chart below). These conversions can be done at a Stone of Change.
Fragments are unbound and may be traded, mailed, or put in a shared bank. Fragments can be placed in stacks of up to 10,000. Dragonshards of any type (flawed, imperfect, regular, exceptional, or flawless) are Bound to Character.
Different shards also can occasionally be looted from any level appropriate chest or end-reward in game as a rare drop, and can be purchased in the DDO Store as well.
This chart shows the quality of shard required to swap feats at certain levels, the number of lesser-quality shards required to create each shard, and that equivalent in yellow Shard Fragments (the smallest denomination).
| Can be
|1-4||Flawed Siberys Dragonshard||100 Fragments||100|
|5-8||Imperfect Siberys Dragonshard||10 Flawed||1,000|
|9-12||Siberys Dragonshard||10 Imperfect||10,000|
|13-16||Exceptional Siberys Dragonshard||10 Siberys||100,000|
|17-30||Flawless Siberys Dragonshard||10 Exceptional||1,000,000|
- Levels 1-4 require 1 (one) Flawed Siberys Dragonshard, which can be created from 100 (one hundred) yellow Siberys Dragonshard Fragments.
- 10 (Ten) Flawed Siberys Dragonshards (1,000 fragments worth) can be converted into 1 (One) Imperfect Siberys Dragonshard for levels 5-8.
- 10 (Ten) Imperfect Siberys Dragonshards (10,000 fragments worth) can be converted into 1 (One) Siberys Dragonshard for levels 9-12.
- 10 (Ten) Siberys Dragonshards (100,000 fragments worth) can be converted into 1 (One) Exceptional Siberys Dragonshard for levels 13-16.
- 10 (Ten) Exceptional Siberys Dragonshards (1,000,000 fragments worth) can be converted into 1 (One) Flawless Siberys Dragonshard for levels 17-30.
Note that you don't have to start with yellow fragments - but can if that's all you have, or if you don't have enough higher quality fragments to create what you need.