Feast or Famine
|Requires access to : Ruins of Gianthold|
The Wyrm Cult hunting party will return soon. Can the leader be killed before reinforcements arrive?
|Feast or Famine|
|Takes place in:||Orc Lair|
|Quest acquired in:||Ruins of Gianthold|
|Patron:||Agents of Argonnessen|
|Free to Play:||No|
Exploring Gianthold you encounter a tribe of orcs intent on your demise. Although, one such orc was eager to offer you information regarding the orc hunting party. Explore this area and defeat the orc leader before the hunting party returns.
- Reaching Orc Encampment entrance automatically bestows quest.
- Slay the Orc Leader
- Slay Noguk
- Slay Ruzek
- Slay Zykir
- (Optional) Slay the hobgoblin spies - 6 total Heroic: +15% Bonus. / Epic: +15% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Boghi: Heroic: +15% Bonus. / Epic: +15% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay the Orc hunting party (30 total): Heroic: +30% Bonus. / Epic: +30% Bonus. - They appear 30 mins after quest start. You can also summon them.
What to Expect
- Traps (random, 1 undisarmable)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Trap DCs NOTE: Traps are random, these are merely some of the possible locations.
- Spikes just beyond the entrance; control box is on the western side just before the trap, near the floor
- Spikes around the first door, triggered by opening it; control box is on the south side of the door past the trap, near the floor
- Blades in the center of the passage; no box.
- Spikes at the end of the tent; control box is on the southern side just before the trap, on the floor
- Spikes guarding the lever for the second door; control box is to the north before the door, near the floor
- Spikes at the end of the corridor to the west, surrounding a fake, empty chest; control panel is on the wall behind the chest; however, the chest is empty and can simply be skipped.
- Spikes where the corridor narrows, south and east of the locked door; control box is on the western side past the trap, on the ground
- In the second 4-doored section, one of the levers has a nasty blade trap. Triggering the lever will set off the trap. In addition, a second blade trap fills the entrance to the 4-doored section.
Tips and Misc
- There may be a chest at the western end of the first four-room wing; While trapped, it is NOT empty. Open at your own risk.
- Noguk will be just past the first door.
- Ruzek will be in one of the closed rooms west of the locked door; he holds the key to get through it.
- The Hobgoblin Spies are a group of Cloven-Jaw & Arzag-Khor hobgoblins who will appear out of a hidden room at the eastern end of the corridor past the locked door.
- Useful buffs:
- Elite: Resist acid, resist fire, true seeing.
- Raksool, the end reward npc, is located in Gianthold beside the hireling vendor. His quest turn-in icon does not appear on the map due to a hireling vender icon overlapping his icon.
Walkthrough (thanks to)
The orcs in here tend to be high accuracy and hard hitting melees and archers. There is also an ample amount of priests to support them. The archers and melees tend to have low will saves, so charm spells are great. Get them to fight each other instead of you. Also, fearsome can really save you in here.
Deathward or some other way to prevent (or heal) negative levels is highly recommended.
There are many randomly generated spike and blade traps, so having a rogue or high spot character on point is wise.
You will only have one way to go for a long way, fighting your way through the orc tunnels. When you reach an unpickable, locked door, you will need to go into a hall with four chambers. Oh, and watch out for that sneaky, not-so-nice, chest.
In one of the chambers will be an orc leader with a key. Usually it is the second door on the right.
Head further in to the tunnels, you will drop down a small pit with a shrine, and further halls. There will be a side passage with a locked door that you can pick, this will lead down to more fighting and an optional chest.
Further in will take you to another series of four chambers, get a key and continue onwards.
The last hallways are filled with orcs, and finally their leader; take him out to get the end chest, which is in the tent.
Optional: After the final battle, you can take on the returning raiding force in the back of the hall. If you survive it, you can exit to an otherwise unreachable area in the northeast of the Gianthold ruins. The hunting party enters 30 minutes from entering of quest. Alternatively, you can summon them earlier by ringing the gong.
If you complete the optional, you can leave through the back door. There are 22-30 more orcs you have to fight, after which you can open a chest. In epic wilderness, this area has an explorer location.
- Aggression bonus: ~168 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 44 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 57 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 70 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 4
- 1 in the second wing with four rooms (can spawn in multiple locations)
- 1 optional behind a locked door for killing Boghi (Orc)
- 1 at the end for killing Rhutha Grimskin (Orc); always contains one elf relic.
- 1 optional for killing the Orc hunting party (they appear at the back of the end room 30 minutes after the quest has started; the chest is found outside the quest)
- Collectables: 6-7
- If the trapped chest blows up, it turns into Rubble
- Fungus Patch in the northwest room before the first locked door
- Adventurer's Pack in the hobgoblin spies' tunnel
- Fungus Patch behind the tent covering the ladder down
- Crude Altar south of the second locked door (the one leading to Boghi)
- Rubble in the eastern room just before the final room
- Adventure Pack by the exit to Gianthold
- NPC rewards: Random item
Named Chest Drop
- ML12: , Lined, ,
- ML13: , Lined, ,
- ML14: , Lined, , (Unlisted 2.5W)
- ML23: , Lined, , ,
- ML24: , Lined, , ,
- ML25: , Lined, , , (Unlisted 3.5W)
- Arzag-Khor Loremaster - Hobgoblin wizard
- Arzag-Khor Shaman - Hobgoblin cleric
- Cloven-Jaw Scout - Hobgoblin archer
- Cloven-Jaw Veteran - Hobgoblin melee
- Cloven-Jaw Warlord - Hobgoblin melee
- Orc Huntmaster
- Worg Sentinel
- Wyrm Cult Bone-Knitter - Orc clerics
- Wyrm Cult Eviscerators - Orcs; melees and ranges (tougher than Sacrificers)
- Wyrm Cult Heresiarchs - Orc wizards
- Wyrm Cult Impalers - Orc archers
- Wyrm Cult Sacrificers - Orcs; melees and ranges