In DDO, characters can gain 20 class levels. These are called Heroic levels.
What are Epic levels?
Epic levels are a generic class in itself. You no longer gain Heroic levels in any class, but find a new class, "Epic," in your character sheet. While some game mechanics and player conversation may describe you, for instance, as a "Level 21 Wizard," in reality, the game sees you as a Level 20 Wizard with 1 Epic level. This also applies to multiclassed characters.
Epic levels do not accumulate action points. The limit on points for enhancements remains fixed at 80 points, but can still be respecified in any public area by opening the Enhancements window (Ctrl+R by default).
When you accumulate enough experience, take your epic levels by talking to a Fatespinner (epic trainer).
|26||+10||+1/+1/+1||-||Epic Destiny feat||-||4,350,000|
|28||+10||+1/+1/+1||-||Epic Destiny feat||Ability increase||6,200,000|
|29||+10||-||+1||Epic Destiny feat||+2 Fate Points||7,200,000|
|30||+10||+1/+1/+1||-||Feat, Legendary feat||+3 Fate Points, +1 Twist of Fate||8,250,000|
- Epic Feats: Characters that are level 21 or higher may select Epic Feats or Heroic Feats as their level 21/24/27/30 feat selections.
- Epic Skills is a special feat automatically granted at each Epic level, giving +1 to all skills.
- Epic Power is a special feat automatically granted at each Epic level, giving +3 Melee and Ranged Power.
- Epic Destiny Feats granted at levels 26/28/29 are a separate list from the Epic Feats and Heroic Feats.
- There's no spell point progress nor caster level progress, however some Epic Destinies have such benefits.
- Each epic level gives +6 Universal Spell Power
- Each epic level gives 1% discount to the SP cost of your spells
Epic levels versus Epic Destinies
Epic Destinies offer an additional way of progressing your character in epic levels. Epic Destinies are a purchased ability; they are bundled in the Menace of the Underdark expansion or available separately from the DDO Store.
After taking your 20th level for the first time, visit the Fatespinner to select your initial destiny. All your gained experience from level 20 also counts towards "destiny points" that can add abilities from one or more destinies.
Experience in Epics
- Overlevel penalties don't apply in level 20+ dungeons.
- Power-leveling penalties don't apply in level 20+ dungeons.
- Bravery bonus level restriction is more relaxed in level 20+ dungeons.
- Even if you reach the character level cap, you can continue to accrue experience to progress your Epic Destinies.
- Even if you reach the maximum experience in an Epic Destiny, you can still progress your epic level experience.