This is a toggle feat. When you toggle it on, your basic attack, regardless of weapons held(except for wands), becomes a ranged magical attack that hits a single enemy. It does not cost spell points or hit points; only time, much like swinging a weapon.
Eldritch Blast deals 1d6 Force damage at level 1, and increases by +1d6 at Warlock level 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 14, 17, and 20; for a total of 9d6 at level 20.
- Eldritch Blast damage scales with a percentage of Spell Power.
- Eldritch Blast criticals are based on magical stats: Critical Spell Chance and Critical Spell Damage.
- No save.
Each Warlock must select a Pact at level 1. This is another a toggle feat. Depending on their pact choice, a Warlock's Eldritch Blast deals an additional 1d4 damage for each even Warlock level, for a total of 10d4 at level 20. Each pact deals different damage type and can be mitigated by a saving throw:
- Fey: Sonic / Reflex half, Evasion negates
- Fiend: Fire / Fort half
- Great Old One: Acid / Will half
Eldritch Blast is treated as a 9th level spell. The DC (for the pact damage) is the same as a ninth level evocation spell: 19 + charisma modifier + evocation focus effects. It is not affected by metamagic feats. Spell resistance does not stop Eldritch Blast, and neither does Antimagic. You move at full speed while casting Eldritch Blast, unlike most spell casting.
The default Eldritch Blast goes in a straight line. It doesn't home in. Enemies that move may avoid it. Eldritch Blast Shapes alter how you attack enemies. Single target attacks are generally going to do higher damage per creature than AoE, for instance. These shapes toggles are available in the enhancement trees.
- Single target (basic attack)
- Chain (Tainted Scholar enhancements)
- Cone (Soul Eater enhancements)
- Point-blank AoE (aura around Warlock) (Enlightened Spirit enhancements)
Different shapes scale differently with Spell Power:
- Cone - 130%
- Chain - 95%
- Aura - 130%
- Focused (single target?) - 130%