|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Don't Drink the Water
|Requires access to adventure pack: Menace of the Underdark|
The Eveningstar well has become poisoned. No doubt, the Drow are responsible somehow. Speak Unmar Halberg, the stonemason, in Eveningstar, and he will lower you into the well so that you can investigate.
|Don't Drink the Water|
|Epic XP:||♣12,252 ♦15,565 ♥15,804 ♠16,043|
|Takes place in:||The Eveningstar Well|
|NPC contact:||Unmar Halberg|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
To have this bestowed, you need to complete the Battle for Eveningstar.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find the poison's source upstream
- Pass the Yuan-ti Barrier
- Pass the second Yuan-ti Barrier
- Pass the third Yuan-ti Barrier
- Discover how the Yuan-ti are poisoning the water
- (optional) Search the Yuan-ti's secret chest (~5% base XP)
- (optional) Heal the Dryad Trees without killing the Dryads (~7% base XP)
Tips and Misc
- The yuan-ti secret chest is in north-eastern dead-end section under the water fall. An alchemists' table nearby contains a remedy that allows you to heal the trees. You must swim through a short underwater passage to find this area.
- The chest is locked, and the healing elixir to heal the trees is inside it.
- Looting the 'chest' for the cure will spawn Yuan-ti to attack you.
- Applying the remedy to poisoned trees (click the roots and use the dialog) causes the hostile dryad to switch sides and fight your enemies instead. There are two, one by the shrine and one by the second barrier.
- There are three set of Yuan-ti barrier's. Each is guarded by a boss.
- At first the boss is an NPC. You must fight off waves of Yuan-ti (three waves on normal) before the boss fights you.
- The green pools of liquid are acid. They aren't very big, so it should be easy to avoid them.
- The final shrine at the end does not spawn until the fight is over. Once you use the last rest shrine, you will have a point of no return. So, once you go to engage the final boss, there are no more shrines until the boss is dead.
- Aggression bonus: 50 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 65 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 80 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Chests: 4
- 2 on ledges that require jumping
- 1 optional for Search the Yuan-ti's secret chest (On elite the open lock DC is above 30)
- 1 for killing Tharmalos (Green Dragon) at the end - Chance of random commendation and Flawless Green DragonScale
- NPC rewards: NPC rewards: Standard, Select from 8
- Dryads - They start attacking your enemies if you help trees
- Dryad Trees
- Vine Horror
- Water Elementals
- Yuan-ti Abominations
- Yuan-ti Disciples of Zehir
- Yuan-ti Sharp-Eyes