DDO Players Council
What is the DDO Player Council?
The DDO Player Council is a group of players selected to provide targeted feedback and valuable suggestions to the DDO Team. This will involve participating in surveys, focused discussions, as well as highly structured and targeted developer chats. Often the topics covered will be elements of game design at their earliest stages, well before they are committed to development or appear in our preview programs like Lamannia.
Requirements for Applicants and Nominees
- Be 18 years of age or older at the time of their application, nomination, or selection for the council. Maintain an active play style during the council's term of service. ("Active" to be determined by Turbine at its sole discretion.)
- Be in good standing, with no significant violations of Turbine's Terms of Service, End User License Agreement or Community Guidelines. Accounts must remain free of said violations during the period of service.
- Be from any geographic region officially supported by Dungeons & Dragons Online.
- Council business will be conducted primarily in English. Therefore we request applicants have the ability to communicate with the team and each other via written and spoken English.
- Be able to interact with other members of the Council and Turbine employees in a mature, constructive, and mutually respectful manner.
Acceptance and Participation
Council members must agree to the terms of our NDA, and agree that any information will not be shared out of the program at any point during or after their service. Violation of the NDA will result in immediate removal from the council and exclusion from all future NDA programs, including beta tests. A current list of all council members will be posted to the official forums. Council Members will be identified only by their forum/community name and server name. Real names will not be disclosed to the public without member consent.
Council members serve for the stated calendar year. The 2015 Player Council will serve for all of 2015, etc.
Members of the press or those acting in a journalistic/editorial capacity are not eligible to participate on the council.
Members of the Player Council shall
- Serve for the calendar year in which they are elected.
- Participate in private chats and other scheduled events with the DDO Team.
- Provide feedback to the DDO Team as requested.
- Comment, from time to time, on aspects or elements of upcoming changes before they have reached an Alpha state, and prior to their testing on the Lamannia preview server.
- Participate, from time to time, in the Lamannia Preview Program (and be subject to the rules of that program as well.)
- Assist the Community Team in identifying suggestions and recommendations from the community that match the goals set for the Council.
- Make suggestions and recommendations in accordance with goals set for the council by the DDO Team.
- Participate in and help design focused feedback surveys for the council and the general community.
- From time to time, be asked to help draft a report on the council’s activities for publication to the entire community.
- Be guaranteed access to all Beta tests during their term.
- Be provided a private discussion area for interacting with the DDO Team.
- Receive courtesy invitations to player parties or other similar events that take place during their term. (Travel and other expenses associated with these events are the responsibility of the individual.)