|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Definitions of various bind statuses of items. For resurrection location and its mechanism, see Bind point.
Most randomly generated items are not bound to the character, and can freely be used, traded, mailed, and auctioned.
- By using these items, they will suffer consequential permanent durability damage from a wear-and-tear effect.
- By spending Khyber Dragonshard Fragments, players can bind their equipment at the Stone of Change .
- Unbound items become Bound to Character; Bound to Account items remain Bound to Account.
 Bound to Character (BTC)
Items that are already bound to a character and thus cannot be traded, mailed, or auctioned.
- Bound items will not take permanent durability damage while repairing.
 Bound to Account (BTA)
Items that are bound to a account can only be traded to a character on the same account and server, using the Shared Bank. Bound to Account items cannot be mailed, not even to characters on the same account base on the same server. Cannot be auctioned.
- Introduced with Module 9.
- Free to Play and Premium players must purchase Account Bank access to transfer these type of items.
- Like Bound to Character items, BTA items will not take permanent durability damage.
 Binds on Acquire (BOA)
Items with this status become Bound (either to Character or Account), once taken from a chest or a reward list.
- Most Named quest rewards and Named raid loot.
- With Update 7, the game's UI shows whether the item becomes BTC or BTA.
 Binds on Equip (BOE)
Items on this status can be traded, mailed, and auctioned, but once they are equipped they become either Bound to Character (BTCOE) or Bound to Account (BTAOE).
- All Green Steel items, when created in Altar of Fecundity.
- The Mad Lute.
- Several items since Update 6.
Note: Upgrading a Green Steel item at an altar within the Shroud will also bind the item to the crafter.