|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The character cannot see. He takes a -2 penalty to Armor Class, loses his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any), moves and attacks at half speed, and takes a -4 penalty on Search checks and on most Strength- and Dexterity-based skill checks. All checks and activities that rely on vision (such as Spot checks) automatically fail. All opponents are considered to have total concealment (50% miss chance) to the blinded character.
DDOs form of 'cannot see': The screen turns all black except portions of the GUI.
Blindness when cast by a player on a monster is a long lasting, but not quite permanent effect. When cast at it's minimum caster level - 3, it will lasts 1 minute and 30 seconds. When cast at caster level 20, it lasts 10 minutes.
Blindness duration from most other sources besides the spell is often significantly less. It can last for anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes depending on the source.
Red and Purple named enemies are immune to all forms of blindness. Players can become immune by equipping a Blindness Immunity item.
 Ways to Blind
- Spell: Blindness (spell)
- Spell: Contagion: Blinding Sickness
- Spell: Glitterdust
- Spell: Holy Aura
- Spell: Holy Smite (vs Evil only)
- Spell: Incendiary Cloud
- Spell: Power Word: Blind
- Spell: Prismatic Ray
- Spell: Prismatic Spray
- Spell: Sleet Storm
- Spell: Sunburst
- Greensteel Tier 3: Aspect of Radiance II effect: Radiance (crafted item)
- Greensteel Tier 3: Aspect of Radiance II effect: Radiance Guard
- Item effect: Blinding Flash (from Everbright weapons/shields and Blinding shields)
- Item effect: Sirocco (effect) on Sirocco/Epic Sirroco
- Item effect: Blinding Embers on Epic Garos' Malice
- Monk finishing move: Falling Star Strike
- Cannith Crafting clickie: Flash Runestone
- Item: Sun Flask
- Dragontouched Armor Sovereign Rune of Radiance effect: Radiance (crafted item)