Bastion of Power
|Requires access to : The Devils of Shavarath|
Horoth himself commanded the Legion of the Iron Maw before becoming First General. Those who serve in this Legion are the most loyal and dedicated of Horoth's followers.
|Bastion of Power|
|Takes place in:||The Iron Maw|
|Quest acquired in:||Amrath|
|Free to Play:||No|
Awan of the Yugoloth tells you that the Devil fortress known as the Iron Maw has never been conquered, despite eons of battle. If it were to fall, the Devils would surely be at each others throats over such a catastrophe. Awan wants you to infiltrate the Iron Maw through a long forgotten passage, and then open its gate to the Demon Horde outside. After the Demons and Devils annihilate each other, you are to eliminate any survivors, thereby preventing the Devils from learning how the Iron Maw fell.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Open the fortress gates
- Find and slay Erisande
- Slay all the remaining Demons
- Find your way to the courtyard
- Find your way upstairs
- Find your way to the battlements
- Find your way inside the keep
What to Expect
- Trap (fixed, doesn't require rogue skills to be disarmed)
- Point of no return
- Overlapping floors
- Mazes (random layouts)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Randomly placed levers (mandatory: 2 on the bottom of the first floor)
- Spikes at the gateway leads to 2nd floor
- Several Gelatinous Cube ambush
Tips and Misc
Walkthrough from: Pretty straight forward hack and slash quest. Be sure to have some melee DPS and basic healing. Nothing too hard. No real class recommendations other than some melee, any should work well. The quest has many portals that spawn monsters; you can destroy them if you like, but that's entirely optional and provides no bonus for doing so.
First level: find the 2 levers to open the S gate. Go through the S gate, upstairs, and find your way to the SW corner of the map (directly above the entrance) to get to the next level.
Second level: find your way to the SE corner of the map upstairs to get to the next level (to the right and upstairs from where you first enter).
Third level: pull the levers on either side of the shrine to open the gate and proceed to the end fight.
This is a monderately challenging fight against a Horned Devil who can cast reverse gravity. He has several trash mobs which respawn fairly quickly. You can either beat him down quickly, or go for a more complicated approach to get a bonus chest:
As the boss's hit points go down, he will cast reverse gravity at 75%/50%/25% hp left. You should have some people in the room below the red banners. These characters attempt to get up to the platforms above to light the 3 runes. Once the third rune is lit, Erisandes will die instantly and the extra chest will be available after the quest is complete. Be sure to jump down after lighting the runes - killing the portals has no real effect.
After Erisandes is dead, the Demons will attack you. This is a moderately difficult fight as the Marilith can hit very hard. However her attacks are infrequent and she can be DPS'd down very fast. Melee, Firewall or Blade Barriers all work fine, just ignore her trash mobs and beat her down quickly. Note that she seems to be immune to Sneak Attack; so rogues will be at a disadvantage. If your group has a caster, hitting the trash mobs with Flesh to Stone can really make the fight easier. Also note the spell Waves of Exhaustion will greatly lower Keradi's movement speed, making her much easier to kite.
It seems the longer the fight goes on the more responsive Keradi becomes (attacking more often), so kill her quickly to ensure victory.
To unlock the "lightning" locked chest in Bastion of Power requires someone to get onto the platform above the chest and "light" the switch located there. To accomplish this you wait for the "Anti-Gravity" effect the boss does and go for it then. ()
- Spyderwolf's Youtube Video Quest Walkthrough Part 1
- Spyderwolf's Youtube Video Quest Walkthrough Part 2
- Spyderwolf's Youtube Video Quest Walkthrough Part 3
- Aggression bonus: ? or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: ? or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 177 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: ? or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: ? or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: ? or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 7
- 1 locked (can spawn in multiple locations) - (Lock DC)
- 1 for killing Kroxgeel (Troll, can spawn in multiple locations)
- 1 for killing the Quartermaster (Bearded Devil, can spawn in multiple locations)
- 1 found at the top of the second floor (opened by shooting at 3 fast resetting levers found directly below the chest, at the bottom of the second floor)
- 2 at the end for killing Erisandes and Keradi (Horned Devil and Marilith)
- 1 at the end (hitting all 3 switches above, using the Horned Devil's reverse gravity, is required)
- NPC rewards: Standard, up to level16 weapon/armor.
Named Chest Drop
All Minimum Level 18, Bind to Character
- Ann Velsing's Belt - Belt: , Undead Guard, Hunter of the Dead Set Bonus
- Draconic Necklace - Necklace: — 1 Charges (Recharged/Day:1), , Purple Dragon Knight Set Bonus
- Dragonmarked Necklace - Necklace: , Minor Lesser Dragonmark Enhancement, Dragonmarked Set Bonus
- Morah's Belt - Belt: — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3), , , Thief Acrobat Set Bonus
- Morgana's Belt - Belt: , Attack Bonus +2, Warpriest Set Bonus
- Oremi's Necklace - Necklace: , Ki On Hit +1, Henshin Mystic Set Bonus
- Smedgar's Necklace - Necklace: , , Virtuoso Set Bonus
- Telvi's Sash - Belt: - 3 Charges (Recharged/Day: 3), , Water Savant Set Bonus, Exclusive
- Barbazu Shock Troopers
- Fiendish Gnoll Skirmishers
- Fiendish Gnoll Sorcerers
- Garrison Hellhounds
- Gelatinous Cubes
- Greater Bezekiras
- Jarilith Raiders
- Orthon Defenders
- Tiefling Bowmen
- Tiefling Clerics
- Tieflign Infantrymen
- Tiefling Rogues
- Tiefling Spellthrowers