|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Base Attack Bonus
The Base Attack Bonus (or BAB) is a number that represents a character or monster's skill at fighting that comes purely from his or her profession, training, and personal experience.
Base Attack Bonus serves several roles in DDO:
- It is added to all attack rolls with any weapon, including bare hands.
- It determines the number of attacks in your attack sequence.
- It determines player attack speed. Players receive progressively larger attack speed bonuses at 1, 5, 10, 15 and 20 BAB.
- Several combat-related feats require a minimum BAB to unlock.
- +1 BAB per level, the best BAB progression, is reserved for the warrior classes (Barbarian, Fighter, Paladin, and Ranger).
- +.75 BAB per level, the second best BAB progression, is used by the Artificer, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Favored Soul, Monk, and Rogue.
- +.5 BAB per level, the worst BAB progression, is used by the Sorcerer and the Wizard.
Since fractions are dropped rather than rounded, only classes in the first category start with a BAB of +1. Base Attack Bonuses gained from different classes, such as when a character is a multiclass character, add together.