Assault on Summerfield
|Requires access to : Attack on Stormreach|
|Assault on Summerfield|
|Takes place in:||Summerfield District|
|Bestowed by:||Yorrick Amanatu|
|NPC contact:||Yorrick Amanatu|
|Quest acquired in:||Lordsmarch Palace|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||No|
Droaam army is attacking the walls of Stormreach. The city's defenders are holding their own, but nothing has been heard from the Summerfield district for some time.
Coin Lord Yorrick Amanatu wants you to go to the Summerfield district and defend the walls. You can reach Summerfield via Lordsmarch Plaza. Once in Summerfield, speak with Captain Markus.
- Speak with Captain Markus upon the defensive wall
- Defeat the Droaam Assault (Slay 22)
- Slay Droaam soldiers looting Summerfield (Slay 20)
- Return behind the defensive wall and lock down the sally port
- Repel the Droaam Flankers (Slay 6)
- Defeat General Tagherist
- (Optional) Captain Markus survives the siege +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat the Half-orc sniper, Genthro Marthon (rare) +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Kill Yenar, the Medusa infiltrator (rare) +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Kill Khin Broketusk +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Rescue Wounded Stormreach Guards (Rescue 5) +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Rescue more Wounded Stormreach Guards (Rescue 5) +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Rescue the remaining Wounded Stormreach Guards (Rescue 5) +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay additional Droaam soldiers looting Summerfield (Slay 6) +10% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Protect an NPC (optional: Captain Marcus)
- Randomly placed NPCs (optional: Wounded Stormreach Guards)
- Two traps in two of the houses in the district. Boxes are at some easy-to-overlook places at the top of cabinets.
Tips and Misc
- There are several houses that can be entered (marked on your ingame map). They contain several secret doors and hidden passages, one that is easy to overlook is opened by a rune inside of a trapped fireplace.
- Wounded Guards can be found inside of houses and on the roofs of some buildings, it can be tricky finding them all if you don't search methodically. There is a total of 16, but only 15 are needed to complete the 3 optionals.
- You don't have to go to the outer region of the town to complete the Quest, you can return after killing 20 Droaam.
- As soon as you leave the sally port back into town and flip the lever, several monsters will spawn. The Boss, General Tagherist, will spawn right after that.
- Most likely due to the large amount of environmental effects (fires, smoke, etc), some people have experienced some unusual (although usually not gamebreaking) amounts of lag in this quest.
- Aggression bonus: 79 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 105 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 1 or more secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 25 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 67 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 83 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3 - 7
- 1 optional for keeping Captain Markus alive
- 1 optional for killing Khin Broketusk (doesn't always spawn)
- 1 optional for killing Yenar (Medusa, doesn't always spawn)
- 1 optional for killing Genthro Marthon (Half-Orc, doesn't always spawn)
- 1 south of the south gate, in the water, next to the boat and resembling a clam
- 1 optional for killing the Siegemaster (doesn't always spawn, found south of the south gate)
- 1 at the end for killing General Tagherist (Ogre)
- Collectables: 14
- 2 Cabinets inside the basement apartment
- Bookshelf inside the basement apartment
- Mushroom near the fallen shrines
- Mushroom near the fountain
- Mold a little south of the fountain
- Mushroom a little south of the fountain
- 2 Bookshelves inside Carlo's bookshop
- Fungus near southern shrines
- Fungus near wounded soldier outside the gates
- Mushroom near the bridge outside the gates
- Mold near the boat on the river
- Mushroom near another wounded soldier outside the gates
- NPC rewards: Standard. Choose from 4.
Named Chest Drop
- Stormsinger Cloak - Cloak: , , Sonic Guard, Anthem [ML: 13, BtA]
- Scepter of the Ogre Magi - +5 Club: , , Fragmented, — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3)
- Mark of Rhesh Turakbar (RED - Any chest)
- Droaam Combat Engineer
- Droaam Conscript
- Droaam Digger
- Droaam Gnoll Archer
- Droaam Infantry
- Droaam Skirmisher
- Droaam Vanguard
- Droaam Warmage
- Droaam Warpriest