|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
 Universal gear
Artificers, as all characters, benefit from the best fortification, constitution, and HP items available.
 Spellcasting equipment
- Superior Potency VI (preferably in a non-weapon slot so that you can attack and cast without swapping gear)
- Superior Mending VI clickies (for repairing the dog and warforged)
- Power / Wizardry items
- Evocation focus items to improve DC of the spells Blade Barrier and Tactical Detonation, and Runearms (?)
- Items that grant/regenerate SP
- Ring of Spell Storing is particularly nice for capstoned artificers who can use it for greater effect at CL20
 Rogue equipment
To detect and disable traps, carry the best skill bonus items available. These don't have to be slotted permanently. Carry a lot of thieves' tools.
Many artificers have high dexterity and they can actually have a meaningful AC early in the game. At mid levels and later, AC becomes less important without significant focus, look instead for useful effects. Consider e.g. Snakeskin Vest, Crimson Chain or Parasitic Breastplate with uncanny awareness.
For warforged artificers, Blademark's Docent is a great choice early on; similar item can be also created via Cannith Crafting. At mid levels, life shield docent of greater/superior stability is an OK crafting choice.
Most artificers use repeating crossbows. At mid levels, you will want to carry multiple crossbows. A paralyzer is party friendly. Great crossbows that trip on a natural 20 are also nice in groups. Storm is great if you have trouble hitting.
- Wind Howler Bracers increase your ranged attack and damage
Artificers can get a respectable UMD earlier than most other classes. Therefore, it is often useful to carry a wide variety of wands and scrolls; both to save SP as well as to expand their casting repertoire. Artificers also get improved benefit from clickies.