Arcane Ooze race
Arcane Ooze make spellcasters cower in fear due to their magic immunity and spell point draining abilities. It's wise to take along a melee to help you dispatche these durable green blobs.
Arcane Oozes are Ooze type monsters.
Arcane oozes are easily recognized by being light green and slightly changing tones when hit by any typed damage. Unlike most oozes, they do not split.
- Slam (Bludgeoning + acid)
- Drains spells points on hit
- Acid Slime (does acid damage and also damages metal weapons and armor)
- Immune to acid
- Resistant to fire, cold, force, electric, light, and sonic
- Immune to magic (immune to any effect with a spell resistance check)
- An attack that deals electricity damage hastes the Arcane Ooze.
Immunity to Magic
A creature with Immunity to Magic is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance. In addition, certain spells and effects function differently against the creature, as noted below.
An attack that deals electricity damage hastes the ooze (as the Haste spell) for 30 seconds.
Unlike in PnP, most damage spells in DDO do not allow spell resistance. To combat this, creatures with Immunity to Magic instead have massive energy absorption. 50% Energy Absorption for all Energy types. This includes: Cold, Fire, Sonic, Light and even Force damage. This is new as of Update 9. Previously they were simply immune to all these damage types.
Creature Entries (2)