Animated Object race
Animated Objects are Construct type monsters. As their name suggests, they are objects which have been animated and brought to life. Like golems, animated objects are subject to the will of their creators.
This page has no links to any articles.
Please helpby adding links that are relevant to the context within the existing text. (February 2016)
A construct possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
- No Constitution score.
- Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
- Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, and necromancy effects.
- Cannot heal damage on their own, but often can be repaired by exposing them to a certain kind of repair effects. A construct with the fast healing special quality still benefits from that quality.
- Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, or energy drain.
- Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects, or is harmless).
- Not at risk to insta-death effects - treated same as having deathblock, but are instead vulnerable to smiting effects.
- Immediately destroyed when reduced to 0 hit points or less.
- Since it was never alive, a construct cannot be raised or resurrected. (Living-Constructs may)
- Because its body is a mass of unliving matter, a construct is hard to destroy. It gains bonus hit points based on size.
- Proficient with its natural weapons only, unless generally humanoid in form, in which case proficient with any weapon mentioned in its entry.
- Proficient with no armor.
- Constructs do not eat, sleep, or breathe.
Animated objects are highly variable in form, since they can be created from any inanimate object.
Creature Entries (29)
- Animated Armor
- Animated Book
- Animated Morningstar
- Animated Object
- Animated Statue
- Animated Swords and Shield
- Animated Weapon
- Augmented Magefire Cannon
- Bone Guardian
- Codex of the Infinite Planes
- Crawling Coinage
- Detritus (construct)
- Enhanced Sentinel Guardian
- Lone Warrior's Armor
- Magefire Cannon
- Puzzle Tile
- Repair Drone
- Sniper Drone
- Spotter Drone
- Steadfast Armor
- Superior Sentinel Guardian
- Tempered Armor
- Watcher Construct
Cannith Drone sub-race monsters