|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
From DDO wiki
|Heroic XP:||♣2,378 ♦4,132 ♥4,300 ♠4,468|
|Takes place in:||Acid-Scar Caverns|
|NPC contact:||Magus Littleton|
|Quest acquired in:||The Twelve|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Slay High Theurge Trassilyk
- Destroy the Acidstone Elementals (20)
- Examine the large decorated door
- Throw the switches to unpower the red crystal (2)
- Throw the switches to unpower the orange crystal (2)
- (Optional) Defeat the Acid-Scar vengence seekers (30): (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Defeat the acidstone elemental, Bremikite: (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay troglodyte Brood Mother: (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Chief Hakilyzz: (5% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Fewer shrines on higher difficulties
- Traps (fixed, undisarmable)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Acid, fire, wind
Tips and Misc
- Useful buffs:
- Acid resistance
- Electricity resistance
- Fire resistance
- Freedom of movement
- Lesser restoration potions
- As always, take out the shamans first, because they will heal the mobs.
- The elementals have a high AC, HP and high DR you cannot bypass. They are susceptible to banishing weapons though. With a combination of banishing weapons for the elementals and vorpal/paralyzing weapons for the troglodytes, the quest can be made much easier.
- On elite, this quest is far more difficult then most other quests at the same level. Be prepared with a powerful group and expect some very difficult fights. The earth elementals already very high armor class, DR and hit points skyrocket to near-epic levels on elite. Without the above mentioned weapons, they can take a very long time to take down.
- The vengeance seekers optional occurs if you wait around after killing the High Theurge. The DM will give a voice over telling you about a shrieking sound that is getting closer. Then the southern wall in the main chamber where the two down ramps meet will open and waves of Shamans, Warriors, and Hunter Troglodytes will appear. There is a collectible if you enter the new passage, and an extra chest will appear in the main chamber once the waves are defeated.
- The quest is pretty obvious; easiest route is just to hug left to ensure you find all the elementals. Follow your way around the various caverns, you need to clear them all to continue. Watch your spell points usage on higher difficulties: There are 4 shrines on normal, 4 shrines on hard, but there are only 3 on elite and the quest can take a very long time.
- One of only eight Free to Play quests above Level 12, this is comparatively the easiest for the XP reward.
- Bremikite may appear at the end of the west-most passage (follow the path to the left from the beginning).
- Chief Hakilyzz may appear at the start of the passage to the SW lever (near the first traps).
- Broodmother Calilz may appear in the NE passage, between the two doors (amongst the eggs).
- Aggression bonus: 124 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 157 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 13 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 17 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 20 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 5 - 8
- 1 rare optional for killing Bremikite (Acidstone Elemental)
- 1 rare optional for killing Chief Hakilyzz (Acid-Scar Warrior)
- 1 rare optional for killing Broodmother Calilz (Acid-Scar Shaman)
- 1 near the lever at the end of one of the four side wings (can spawn in multiple locations)
- 3 at the end for killing High Theurge Trassilyk (Acid-Scar Shaman)
- 1 optional at the end for killing the 30 Acid-Scar vengence seekers
- NPC rewards: Random item
- Acid-Scar Hunters
- Acid-Scar Shamans
- Acid-Scar Stalkers
- Acid-Scar Warriors
- Acidstone Elementals
- Blackfang Bats